Lemongrass is a type of perennial plant. As the name says, it has a lemon scent, but is sweeter and milder in taste. It is widely used in Asian cuisine to enrich the flavor of dishes. Lemongrass is a rich source of folic acid, magnesium, zinc, vitamins A and C, copper, phosphorus, iron, calcium, potassium and manganese. It also contains small amounts of vitamin B1. Although it is not entirely safe for children, it is used in alternative treatments used in the treatment of health problems.
Lemongrass tea is good for your health. Here are the Top 10 of its amazing properties.
1. Supports digestion - lemongrass contains antiseptic compounds that effectively kill parasites and bacteria in the digestive system. It helps digestion by restoring the "good" bacteria in the colon. It also helps in the treatment of many digestive ailments such as heartburn, constipation, dyspepsia, flatulence, diarrhea and vomiting. In order to ensure proper digestion, it is recommended to drink lemongrass tea regularly
2. Detoxifies - it is a necessary process for the organism to work efficiently. The diuretic properties of lemongrass help eliminate uric acid, toxins and bad cholesterol. It causes you to urinate more often, keeping your kidneys in good condition.
3. Supports people with cancer - according to a research team led by Israeli scientists: Professor Yakow Weinstein and Dr. Rivka Ofir from the Department of Immunology and Microbiology, there is a high probability that lemongrass has the potential to cure cancer. The aroma of lemongrass stimulates cancer cells to self-destruct without harming healthy cells.
4. It weakens menstrual cramps - it is an ailment known to millions of women around the world. Drinking hot lemongrass tea twice a day keeps your menstrual cramps less intense. In addition, it also has anti-acne properties.
5. Antiseptic properties - according to scientists, they are stronger than those of penicillin or streptomycin. Lemongrass used to treat staphylococcus has proven to be highly effective. It also cures infected wounds and various skin infections.
7. Anti-Depression Remedy - lemongrass relieves stress, fatigue and symptoms such as headache. Its scent improves the mood and gives a feeling of relaxation. It can be used alone or in combination with jasmine or chamomile tea.
8. Source of antioxidants - when free radicals interact with proteins within cells, processes that cause chronic diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, may occur. The antioxidants in lemongrass can stop this interaction and prevent serious diseases from occurring. Additionally, the diuretic properties keep the liver and pancreas in proper condition by controlling cholesterol levels.
9. Helps with colds - flu and colds are ailments that are not stranger to anyone. However, a cup of lemongrass tea can deal with this problem. The antibacterial and antifungal properties of lemongrass help to deal with symptoms , such as fever and cough. It is rich in vitamin C which is good for the immune system. Lemongrass is also used to relieve joint and muscle pain and cures headaches. It makes it easier to breathe because it prevents mucus accumulation in the airways. This is important information especially for asthmatics.
The preparation of a medicinal herb from lemongrass is simple. Just boil 3 cloves, add a teaspoon of cinnamon and turmeric and lemongrass in a cup of milk. You should drink it at least once a day.
10. Anti-inflammatory properties - lemongrass relieves pain and is therefore very effective in rheumatism, arthritis and osteoarthritis. It reduces the enzymatic activity of cyclooxygenase-2, a known cause of joint pain. To prepare a special mixture, mix coconut oil and lemongrass oil at 2: 1. Rubbing with such a substance in the joints helps to reduce pain. For better results, you can drink lemongrass tea. The results are visible after a week.
Lemongrass has many miraculous properties to help fight health problems. Therefore, drinking lemongrass tea regularly should become a habit.
Post a Comment